Date(s) - August 23, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Mindful Movement for Persistent Pain class is a gentle movement class that elongates muscles and optimizes muscle tone to make everyday movement, exercise and upright posture easier. Movements are based on the Alexander Technique, a holistic approach to reducing pain and stress, increasing body awareness, and improving balance,
posture, respiratory function, and ease and range of motion. We’ll explore movements taken from daily life, like bending, standing, sitting, balancing, twisting, lifting, reaching and more, as well as basic yoga and tai chi movements.
Movement explorations are designed to help you redirect patterns of tension that create excess effort and pull your body out of its natural, easy alignment. Discussions will focus on identifying triggers for tension and directing both attention and body in support of expansion and ease. You will also learn simple techniques for reducing stress and pain.
Alexander Technique-based mindful movement is ideal for getting movement back into your life, and it’s also the perfect complement to your other movement and meditation practices, to help you do all your activities with greater ease and benefit.
Mondays, 12–1 PM
Online Course Access
Instructions to connect to the Zoom online course:
- You will need a computer, laptop or smartphone with an internet connection, internet browser, webcam (optional), speakers or headphones and a microphone. If you do not have an internet connection or audio, let us know and Mari will give you instructions for listening on the phone.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, click here: https://zoom.us/test to test and see how it works before the class on Thursday. When you click on the link, Zoom will take you through downloading the program and the easy joining process. It will ask you if you want to use computer audio. If you have speakers and a microphone (included in laptops and cell phones), click on computer audio.
- You can choose to turn your own webcam on or off. If you turn it on, all participants will see you and Mari will be able to see you and give you feedback. You can click on Stop Video at the bottom left corner of your screen to turn off video of yourself at any time.
- You can choose to turn your own microphone on or off. You can choose to mute your microphone with the Mute button at the bottom left corner at any time.
- If you have connection problems, Mari will send you the link to the recording. If all participants or Mari have connection problems, we will reschedule.
- At our first class, we will schedule our mid-week online get-together, so bring your calendar!
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mari at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406 544 4625.
- Mari will be online in our Zoom meeting room about 15 minutes before the class starts to help you navigate your way around!
$40 for 4 sessions
$80 for 8 sessions
$120 for 12 sessions