Date(s) - October 14, 2021
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This introductory training in Mindfulness will teach you to develop a focused and embodied attention, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and greater sense of ease and well-being. You will learn a variety of mindfulness meditations and practical ways to integrate mindfulness into daily activities at work, home, and in relationships. This class will support you in developing a habit of integrating Mindfulness practice into your life.
Research is showing that the practice of Mindfulness can support recovery from many challenges. In this class, our focus is going to be the use of Mindfulness to support management of chronic pain. Through our work with awareness of feeling, emotion, and thought, we are going to practice changing our experience of the pain and our relationship to the pain.
The course will include the following:
- Training in meditation, developing awareness of breath, body, feelings and thoughts.
- Managing stress and learning how to shift from reaction to response.
- Recognizing and letting go of unhelpful habitual thoughts and mind states.
- Exploring, understanding and working with a range of emotional experience.
- Understanding how stress, anxiety, and other states directly affect our mind and body.
Thursdays, through June 24, 1-2 PM
$40 for 4 sessions
$80 for 8 sessions
$120 for 12 sessions
Bookings are closed for this event.