A Morning of Mindfulness
This 3 part morning of mindfulness will financially support Mindful Recovery and Wellness while giving attendees a morning of mindfulness meditation and guidance to sustain or jump-start their own practice and self-care. The morning will flow as a retreat, but you can attend sessions separately. Each section will have a short teaching, a guided meditation, and time for reflections/questions. The full morning will be offered online.
- Session 1 (9-9:50): Body/breath based awareness practice: Body and breath practices can both ground us in the present moment and also support us as we manage physical discomfort.
- Session 2 (10-10:50): Feeling tone/mind awareness practice: This session will guide us in becoming more comfortable noticing our own reactions as we flow through the challenging and pleasant moments of our days.
- Session 3 (11-12): Heart based loving kindness practice: Loving-kindness can support both a feeling of self-compassion and, also, the sense of connection to those around us.
Saturday, April 3, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
Online Course Information
Instructions to connect to the Zoom online course:
- You will need a computer, laptop or smartphone with an internet connection, internet browser, webcam (optional), speakers or headphones and a microphone. If you do not have an internet connection or audio, let us know and we will give you instructions for listening on the phone.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, click here: https://zoom.us/test to test and see how it works before the class. When you click on the link, Zoom will take you through downloading the program and the easy joining process. It will ask you if you want to use computer audio. If you have speakers and a microphone (included in laptops and cell phones), click on computer audio.
- You can choose to turn your own webcam on or off. If you turn it on, all participants will be able to see you. You can click on Stop Video at the bottom left corner of your screen to turn off video of yourself at any time.
- You can choose to turn your own microphone on or off. You can choose to mute your microphone with the Mute button at the bottom left corner at any time.
$15 for an individual section
$40 for all three sections