This has been a hard year for everyone for a variety of reasons—some shared experiences, and some deeply personal. Journaling is one way to make sense of particular moments, events, or feelings you might be experiencing. Writing has been proven to improve both mental and physical health by boosting our immune systems. Writing about what’s on our minds can also help us let go of thoughts or feelings we may have been holding onto. It may even improve our outlook.
As even avid journalers have been experiencing, staying at home can be monotonous and it can be hard to come up with new things to say, especially for those in quarantine or working from home. In this class, we will move beyond the everyday routines and responding to prompts chosen according to participants’ interests, needs, and curiosities. This class is for everyone—people who have never tried journaling, serious writers, and everyone in between.
Wednesdays, April 14–May 19, 5:30–6:30 PM
Online Course Information
Instructions to connect to the Zoom online course:
- You will need a computer, laptop or smartphone with an internet connection, internet browser, webcam (optional), speakers or headphones and a microphone. If you do not have an internet connection or audio, let us know and we will give you instructions for listening on the phone.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, click here: https://zoom.us/test to test and see how it works before the class. When you click on the link, Zoom will take you through downloading the program and the easy joining process. It will ask you if you want to use computer audio. If you have speakers and a microphone (included in laptops and cell phones), click on computer audio.
- You can choose to turn your own webcam on or off. If you turn it on, all participants will be able to see you. You can click on Stop Video at the bottom left corner of your screen to turn off video of yourself at any time.
- You can choose to turn your own microphone on or off. You can choose to mute your microphone with the Mute button at the bottom left corner at any time.
- If you have connection problems, we will send you the link to the recording.
$88.00 for the 6-week course