The Alexander Technique has been used for over a century to help people relieve and manage physical, mental and emotional stress. In this six-week series you’ll learn and have the opportunity to practice the basics of this holistic technique that will help you to access ease and balance in your daily life. Stress, and the resulting persistent, unconscious patterns of tension it brings about, takes its toll on both mind and body. Learn how you can care for your health by developing skills of in-the-body, in-the-moment presence and the ability to choose your reactions to demanding situations. This class will address the whole mind-body self as we explore ways of redirecting excess, unconscious effort to effectively reduce stress and stress-induced tension.
- Learn to release tension to increase vitality and mind-body balance.
- Create space for change free of self-criticism and judgement.
- Let go of tension and strain that interfere with a balanced way of being.
- Learn to direct conscious thinking in a way that supports conscious decision-making not controlled by habits and automatic reactions.
- Redirect your energy in a way that supports you for greater freedom of choice in mind and body.
Thursdays, March 26–April 30, 6:00–7:15 PM
Sacred Ally, 735 A S. 1st St W, Missoula
$125.00 for the 6-Week Course