This course is being made available online. It includes a mid-week online get-together to check in and refresh.
The Alexander Technique has been used for over a century to help people relieve and manage physical, mental and emotional stress. In this six-week series you’ll learn and have the opportunity to practice the basics of this holistic technique that will help you to access ease and balance in your daily life. Stress, and the resulting persistent, unconscious patterns of tension it brings about, takes its toll on both mind and body. Learn how you can care for your health by developing skills of in-the-body, in-the-moment presence and the ability to choose your reactions to demanding situations. This class will address the whole mind-body self as we explore ways of redirecting excess, unconscious effort to effectively reduce stress and stress-induced tension.
- Learn to release tension to increase vitality and mind-body balance.
- Create space for change free of self-criticism and judgement.
- Let go of tension and strain that interfere with a balanced way of being.
- Learn to direct conscious thinking in a way that supports conscious decision-making not controlled by habits and automatic reactions.
- Redirect your energy in a way that supports you for greater freedom of choice in mind and body.
Thank you for signing up for the online Alexander Technique for Stress Reduction class! We will be holding this class on Zoom, an easy online platform. Here are the instructions for joining:
Instructions to connect to the Zoom online course:
- You will need a computer, laptop or smartphone with an internet connection, internet browser, webcam (optional), speakers or headphones and a microphone. If you do not have an internet connection or audio, let us know and Mari will give you instructions for listening on the phone.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, click here: https://zoom.us/test to test and see how it works before the class on Thursday. When you click on the link, Zoom will take you through downloading the program and the easy joining process. It will ask you if you want to use computer audio. If you have speakers and a microphone (included in laptops and cell phones), click on computer audio.
- You can choose to turn your own webcam on or off. If you turn it on, all participants will see you and Mari will be able to see you and give you feedback. You can click on Stop Video at the bottom left corner of your screen to turn off video of yourself at any time.
- You can choose to turn your own microphone on or off. You can choose to mute your microphone with the Mute button at the bottom left corner at any time.
- If you have connection problems, Mari will send you the link to the recording. If all participants or Mari have connection problems, we will reschedule.
- At our first class, we will schedule our mid-week online get-together, so bring your calendar!
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mari at email@example.com or 406-544-4625.
- Mari will be online in our Zoom meeting room about 15 minutes before the class starts to help you navigate your way around!
Thursdays, 3/26-4/30, 6-7:15 p.m.
$125.00 for the 6-Week Course