In summer, the Qi (energy) that was stored in the lower body during the winter then rose during spring, continues to rise upward and move outward. We want to be social, engage in projects, and be in Nature. In Chinese medicine, this season corresponds to the Heart. Just as our physical heart needs to be nourished, so too our spiritual Heart desires to be nourished, to connect with something greater than ourselves.
In this class, you’ll learn and practice:
- Two gentle exercises that help to develop the deepest energetic pathway in your body;
- Two gentle exercises that benefit your Heart;
- Two meditations—one for enhancing overall organ health and one that shows how to use the Yang Qi to connect with the environment and potentially for spiritual awakening.
- You’ll also learn suggestions for your Summer diet that are easy to do.
You can adapt what you learn to fit your schedule, whether it’s 10 or 60 minutes a day. The results are real and correspond to the consistency of your efforts.
Qigong (pronounced “chee gong”), part of Chinese culture for 2500 years, is one of the main branches of Chinese medicine. The exercises and meditations in this series of seasonal classes come from a variety of sources, some of them many centuries old; they are suitable for beginners and experienced practitioners of all ages. The benefits extend beyond seasonal health and include more complete breathing, reduced stress, and a healthy flow of Qi in the body.
This class is appropriate for beginning and experienced students of qigong. Wear clothing conducive to sitting and movement. A handout with room to write notes will be provided.
Wednesdays, May 12 & 19, 5:30–7:30 PM
This course has been cancelled. Please check out our other great courses!
Online Course Access
Instructions to connect to the Zoom online course:
- You will need a computer, laptop or smartphone with an internet connection, internet browser, webcam (optional), speakers or headphones and a microphone. If you do not have an internet connection or audio, let us know and we will give you instructions for listening on the phone.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, click here: https://zoom.us/test to test and see how it works before the class. When you click on the link, Zoom will take you through downloading the program and the easy joining process. It will ask you if you want to use computer audio. If you have speakers and a microphone (included in laptops and cell phones), click on computer audio.
- You can choose to turn your own webcam on or off. If you turn it on, all participants will be able to see you. You can click on Stop Video at the bottom left corner of your screen to turn off video of yourself at any time.
- You can choose to turn your own microphone on or off. You can choose to mute your microphone with the Mute button at the bottom left corner at any time.
- If you have connection problems, we will send you the link to the recording.
$60.00 for the 2-session course