What is qigong and what can I expect when I take the class?
Qigong (Chee gong) is an ancient movement/breath/meditation practice that improves mental and physical health.
When your body’s energy becomes blocked, you can become physically or emotionally out of balance. Qigong movement meditation moves blocked energy which helps bring the body back into homeostasis.
When you practice Spring Forest Qigong, you open the ability to heal the mind and body.
The movements are simple, but effective. They can be done anywhere, anytime, by anyone. All fitness levels and all ages can enjoy the benefits of practicing qigong.
In this class we will practice a 30-minute movement meditation followed by 30-minute guided meditation while sitting or lying comfortably.
During the guided meditation, you will receive qigong healing from Colleen. This opens up the channels in the body so the energy moves freely and promotes healing.
Mondays, June 7–28, 5:30–6:30 PM
Online Course Access
Instructions to connect to the Zoom online course:
- You will need a computer, laptop or smartphone with an internet connection, internet browser, webcam (optional), speakers or headphones and a microphone. If you do not have an internet connection or audio, let us know and we will give you instructions for listening on the phone.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, click here: https://zoom.us/test to test and see how it works before the class. When you click on the link, Zoom will take you through downloading the program and the easy joining process. It will ask you if you want to use computer audio. If you have speakers and a microphone (included in laptops and cell phones), click on computer audio.
- You can choose to turn your own webcam on or off. If you turn it on, all participants will be able to see you. You can click on Stop Video at the bottom left corner of your screen to turn off video of yourself at any time.
- You can choose to turn your own microphone on or off. You can choose to mute your microphone with the Mute button at the bottom left corner at any time.
- If you have connection problems, we will send you the link to the recording.
$50.00 for the 4-week course