Qigong has been a part of Chinese culture for well over 2,000 years. Along with acupuncture and herbology, it’s one of the main branches of Chinese medicine.
In the Qigong for Seasonal Health series, the goal is to improve our health by being in harmony with the changing energies of nature. In this class you’ll learn:
- Exercises for spinal flexibility;
- The Bear Frolic, part of the Five Animal Frolics originally developed by Hua Tuo in the 2nd century;
- Bone Marrow Cleansing, created in the 6th century;
- The essential exercise for the Kidneys;
- Lake and Geyser Meditation to move the Qi internally;
- Seven Stars of the Microcosmic Orbit meditation to move the Qi externally;
- Suggestions for your Winter diet and herbs to support your body.
Learn the components of this seasonal practice, then adapt them to fit your schedule and your needs, whether you have five minutes or an hour available.
Beginning and experienced participants are welcome. Wear clothing that is suitable for movement and sitting. A handout with room for notes will be provided.
Wednesdays, December 1-15, 5:30–7:00 PM
Course is canceled. Our apologies for any inconvenience. Please watch for new series starting in March 2022!
Online Course Information
Instructions to connect to the Zoom online course:
- You will need a computer, laptop or smartphone with an internet connection, internet browser, webcam (optional), speakers or headphones and a microphone. If you do not have an internet connection or audio, let us know and we will give you instructions for listening on the phone.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, click here: https://zoom.us/test to test and see how it works before the class. When you click on the link, Zoom will take you through downloading the program and the easy joining process. It will ask you if you want to use computer audio. If you have speakers and a microphone (included in laptops and cell phones), click on computer audio.
- You can choose to turn your own webcam on or off. If you turn it on, all participants will be able to see you. You can click on Stop Video at the bottom left corner of your screen to turn off video of yourself at any time.
- You can choose to turn your own microphone on or off. You can choose to mute your microphone with the Mute button at the bottom left corner at any time.
$60.00 for the 3-Week Course