Areas of Volunteering
- Events: We have events throughout the year that we need help with. Serving food and helping set up events are a huge source of volunteer work. Sometimes events are scheduled at the beginning of the year, sometimes they are spur of the moment.
- Help with Classes: Since we are offering in person classes in various locations in our community, we always need help to back up our instructors. Help with both setting the room up and with post-class clean-up is always necessary as well as checking students in and helping run our online class participation option. Bonus, you get to participate in the class at no charge!
- Tabling: Feel like an advocate? We would love to have you table for us when we are invited to community events. Setting up a table with some pamphlets and information in a public spot so that people can approach and ask questions is key to introducing people to our organization. We will set you up with some talking points and materials, you just need to show up and speak!
- Clerical: Do you like customer service? We need help answering the phones, taking questions, stamping letters, entering data. There are lots of options in this category, and we will work with you to find exactly how you can help.
- Other: Have any other skills you’d like to volunteer? We would love to hear about it. Things like grant writing/research, photography/media, fundraising, etc. Please let us know how you might be able to help below!
In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer with the Learning Center at Red Willow, I agree to the following terms and conditions.
- I will abide by the mission, policies and procedures of the Learning Center at Red Willow.
- I certify that I am currently able to perform the functions of my assigned volunteer position.
- I acknowledge and understand that as a volunteer for the Learning Center, I am not covered by Worker’s Compensation or any other insurance policy for any damages or injuries I may sustain during volunteer activities.
- I understand that the Learning Center may refuse volunteer applications or discontinue volunteer positions for any reason.
- I have accurately and truthfully completed this Volunteer Application and Agreement.
- Any modification of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. This Agreement is binding upon the Learning Center at Red Willow, me and my respective heirs, successors, assigns, executors, and personal representatives.